All Home Meters (AHM) - Professional Engineers performing Wind Mitigation Inspections in Hialeah Dade Broward County FL .
What is a Wind Mitigation Inspection?
The Wind Mitigation Inspection verifies the appropriateness of the structure construction in the event of a windstorm or hurricane and is a valuable service that might reduce your insurance rates.
What is our service area?
Wind Mitigation Inspections in Dade Hialeah Kendall West Hammocks Homestead Doral Coral Gables Key Biscayne Broward County Fort Lauderdale by the Sea Aventura Miramar Pembroke Pines Hallandale Hollywood Weston Pompano Dania Deerfield Beach and Broward County Florida FL, Davie Cooper City Tamarac Margate Sunrise Plantation Surfside Medley West Oakland Park Southwest Ranches City Hillsboro Lauderhill Ranch Lazy Lakes Light-House Point Coconut Creek Parkland Wilton Manors.
What does the inspection look for?
Wind Mitigation looks for building features reducing wind damages:
- Structure built in compliance with the 1994 South Florida Code (Dade and Broward) or 2001 FBC.
- Roof covering with permit application after 1994 in Dade and Broward or 2002 in the rest of the State.
- Deck material, spacing and roof deck attachment.
- Roof to wall attachment.
- Roof geometry (hip is the best).
- Secondary water barrier or resistance.
- Opening Protection - doors and windows or other openings (impact glass or protected with shutters).
Who can sign off the report.
Qualified Inspectors to perform the Wind Mitigation Inspections:
- Professional Engineer licensed and registered in the State of Florida.
- Registered Architect.
- Building Code inspector.
- General, Building or Residential Contractor.
- Home Inspector.
What are the laws of State of Florida.
- The State of Florida enforces insurance companies to offer reduced premium for homes with hurricane resistant features.
- As per Florida Statutes, insurance companies need to offer discounts or credits for construction techniques that can reduce losses in windstorms.
- Discounts due to this type of home inspection became effective in 2003 and the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) created the official Form OIR-B1-1802 to be completed by the inspector.
- Doing this inspection is a must for homeowners because hurricanes are a real danger.
- Inspection can be performed for all single family homes, townhouses, condos and commercial buildings.
- Homeowner's and Condo Associations also qualify for credits.
- Homeowners insurance discounts are available for building features that reduce damage during high Winds events.
- Mitigation discounts count because buildings with stronger resistant features are homes with lower windstorm losses and lower losses represent reduced losses for the insurance companies that benefit the customers.
- Over 85% of the existing homes qualify for mitigation insurance discounts because they have one or more of the resistive construction features.
- Homes designed after 1994 in Dade or Broward Counties or properties built after 2002 in the rest of the State usually qualify for significant credits because were built with many resistive construction features.