Wind Mitigation Inspections verify the appropriateness of the structure construction in the event of a windstorm or hurricane and is a valuable service that might reduce your windstorm insurance premiums. Wind Mitigation looks for building features reducing damages during a high wind event.
All Home Meters (AHM): Professional Engineer and Home Inspector performing Wind Mitigation Inspection Services in South Florida.
What are the risks in Florida?
- The hurricane season begins on June 1 and finished on November 30.
- Floridians are at risk for exposure to hurricane winds for five of twelve months of every year.
- Sometimes, Florida can be at risk of a hurricane or tropical storm outside of the hurricane season.
- Winds and water intrusion are the primary damages from hurricanes.
- Through gable ends, soffit vents and poorly sealed windows and doors, water, as rain directed by varying wind directions, enters homes.
- Mildew can develop within days once rain penetrates homes. In the same manner like water, damage can be caused by wind by entering the home through poorly sealed openings.
- Winds damages homes by increasing pressure and causing uplift forces on the roof.
What does this Inspection look for?
- Building Codes (code existing when the property was built and compliance with hight velocity hurricane zone).
- Roof covering (type, Florida Building Code or Miami Dade Product Approval, year of installation, permit number, etc.).
- Roof deck attachment (truss/rafter spacing, roof decking type and thickness, nails/screws size and spacing, etc.).
- Roof to wall attachment (type, amount and location of nails, etc.).
- Roof geometry / roof shape (gable roof, Hip roof, Flat roof).
- Secondary Water Resistance or Barrier.
- Opening protection for glazed and non-glazed openings (garage door, exterior doors, windows with impact resistance coverings or products listed as wind borne debris devices protecting against cyclic pressure and missile impact: shutters, impact glass).
Who can sign off this Home Inspection report?
- Professional Engineers licensed and registered in Florida.
- Registered Architect.
- Code inspector.
- General, Building or Residential Contractor.
- Home Inspectors.
What are the Florida laws?
- The State of Florida enforces insurance companies to offer reduced insurance premium for homes with hurricane resistant features.
- As per Florida Statutes, insurance companies need to offer discounts or credits for construction techniques that can reduce losses due to windstorm damage.
- These Discounts became effective in 2003 and the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) created the official Wind Mitigation Form OIR-B1-1802 to be completed by the inspector.
- Doing this Inspection is a must for homeowners because hurricanes are a real danger.
- Inspections can be performed for all single family homes, townhouses, condos and commercial buildings.
- Homeowner's and Condo Associations also qualify for credits.
- Homeowners discounts for wind insurance are available for building features that reduce damage during high Winds events.
- Discounts count because buildings with stronger resistant features are homes with lower windstorm losses and lower losses represent reduced losses for the insurer that benefit the customers.
- Over 85% of the existing homes qualify for homeowners insurance discounts because they have one or more of the resistive construction features.
- Homes designed after 1994 in Dade or Broward County or properties built after 2002 in the rest of the State usually qualify for significant credits because were built with many resistive construction standards.
How much do these Home Inspections cost?
Insurance Company: please call our office for our Home Inspector specials.
We are providing a 4 Point Inspection 50% off with any Inspection or Wind Mitigation.
We are specialized in home inspections for the insurance industry.
What is our service area?
Insurance Inspections, 4 Point Inspection, Wind Mitigation Inspections Broward County, Hialeah Florida, Kendall, Fort Lauderdale by the Sea, Kendale Lakes, The Hammocks, Sunny Isles, Hallandale, City of Coral Gables, FL, Hollywood Beach, Doral, Homestead, Kendall West, Kendall Lakes, Doral, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Weston, Gardens, Davie, Deerfield Pompano, Dania Beach, Tamarac, Margate, Sunrise, Plantation, Broward County, Palmetto, Cutler Bay, Pinecrest, Aventura, Shores, Surfside, Sweetwater, Opa-Locka, Westchester, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village, Springs, Shores, Medley, Key Biscayne Park, El Portal, West Oakland Park, Southwest Ranches, Hillsboro, Lauderhill, Parkland, Cooper City, Virginia Gardens, Calusa Club, Allapattah, West Palm Beach, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village, Springs, Shores, Medley, Key Biscayne Park, El Portal, West Oakland Park.