FLORIDA ENGINEERING COMPANY LICENSE (Certificate of Authorization): C.A 28738.
This type of Home Inspection costs $120.
The licensed professional is required to certify the condition of the four major systems in these Insurance Inspections.
The 4 Point Home Inspection is the verification of the home's four main systems (electrical, heating, plumbing and roof) submitted in a form to properly evaluate an application for insurance. The Four Point Insurance Inspection Services must be completed and signed by a verifiable inspector.
All Home Meters (AHM): Professional Engineers Inspectors performing Four Point Inspections in South Florida.
Which properties need the 4-Point Insurance Inspection and Why.
- Properties (older home, more than 30 years) are more vulnerable to loss if systems have not been updated.
- In an older home, the underwriters want to see that the systems have been updated.
- The insurance companies are looking for the four systems to be in generally good working condition and fulfilling their intended function and expecting the systems to be working as intended within the manufacturer’s specifications.
What do Insurance Inspectors look for.
They look for the minimum data needed for Underwriting in this Home Inspection.
- Current operating conditions.
- The expected service life.
- Scheduled maintenance requirements.
"Acceptable Condition" for insurance companies means that each system is working as intended and there are no visible hazards or deficiencies.
This Four-Point Real Estate Inspection needs to be completed within the last year by an approved certified inspector (Engineer).
If this 4 Point Inspection indicates unacceptable conditions, the policy is not eligible for coverage.
Who can sign off this Real Estate 4 Point Insurance Inspection Report.
The following licensed professionals can complete this 4-Point Inspection in its entirety.
- A Professional Engineer.
- A general, residential, or building contractor.
- A registered architect.
- A HI.
- A building code inspector, or official who is authorized by the State of Florida to verify code compliance.
A trade contractor may sign off only on their trade component of the certified Residential or Commercial Inspection.
What 4-Point Inspection form do we use.
- There are no industry wide standard form for this 4-Point Inspection.
- Insurance company can provide their own insurance mitigation report; however, most insurance companies will accept inspection forms from companies that perform inspections provided that they are filled out by qualified individuals.
- We use a variance of the Citizens Home Insurance Company Report.
- Our Citizens Four Point Building Inspection form has been modified to show more possible hazards in the electrical part.
- Panels: model, age, date of last update, capacity
- Hazards present: blowing fuse, tripping breaker, over fusing, loose wiring, double tap, open spaces, breaker identification, improper wiring, exposed cables, improper grounding, Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI), smoke detectors.
- Aluminum wiring.
- Last update.
- Central or portable.
- Last update.
- Types of pipes.
- Deficiencies: active or prior leaks, water heater and Temperature and Pressure Relieve Valve (TPR).
- Covering material.
- Age of covering.
- Remaining useful life.
- Last roof permit.
- Last update.
- Signs of damages or deterioration: curling, lifted, loose missing shingles or tiles, leaks.
- Overall condition.
Which are the minimum photo requirements.
- Front elevation.
- Rear elevation.
- Open main electrical system panel and interior door.
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system (with dated manufacturer’s plate).
- All hazards or deficiencies noted.
Photos must accompany each Point Inspection report submitted.
How much does the 4-Point Inspection cost.
Inspection is $120 and we can include a Windstorm Inspection for $60 in the same order.
Re-inspection fee of $90 is charged by the Inspector.
Please request a quote.
What is our service area.
Mitigation Inspection, 4 Point Inspections, Home Inspection Hialeah, Doral, Homestead, FL, Fort Lauderdale by the Sea, Beach, Doral, Coral Gables, Homestead, Kendall West, Kendale Lakes, The Hammocks, Doral, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Weston, Sunny Isles, Hallandale, Hollywood, Davie, Deerfield Pompano, Dania Beach, Tamarac, Margate, Sunrise, Plantation, Palmetto, Cutler Bay, Pinecrest, Aventura, Shores, Surfside, Sweetwater, Opa-Locka, Westchester, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village, Springs, Shores, Medley, Key Biscayne Park, El Portal, West Oakland Park, Southwest Ranches, Hillsboro, Lauderhill, Parkland, Cooper City, Virginia Gardens, Calusa Club, Allapattah, Coconut Grove, Liberty City, Little Havana, Wynwood, Kendale Lakes, Olympia Heights, Little Haiti, Coral Terrace, Country Club, Fontainebleau, Glenvar Hights, Goulds, Leisure City, Princeton, Richmond West, Tamiami, The Crossings, Westview, Little River, University Park, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, South Florida City.